|Rabbit Tenders made from one fryer (minus a few bites)|
- One fryer, deboned, cut into strips and/or bites
- Seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, paprika, cayenne, others to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- Cooking oil
- Mix flour and seasonings (go heavy on the seasonings, if you want to taste them. If you have a favorite chicken breading, use that recipe).
- Whip eggs and water.
- Dip rabbit pieces in egg solution, then coat with flour mixture. (You can do this twice for extra crispy breading).
- Deep fry in 350°F oil until dark golden brown
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and sides.
The picture at top shows what you get from one fryer: four loin strips (cut each loin in half, lengthwise), and several pieces from deboned legs. There were still leftovers after three of us ate. We gave the (raw) rib cage, spine, and belly flaps to the dog and one of the cats. The dog also got to finish off the egg solution after we were done with it (don't give it to your pets if you double-dipped and used onion or garlic in your flour mixture, though).